Sunday 23 October 2016

Blah Blah Sunday

God I hate Sundays.  Ever since I was little, it has always been my least favourite day of the week.  It is such a nothing of a day.  It reminds me of forgotten essays and boring films and masses that seemed to go on forever.  All with the threat of Monday looming overhead.  Now that school and religion are a distant memory and films can be accessed at the touch of a button, you would think things would have changed, right?  Nope it's still the same old nothing of a day it ever was.

Back in my twenties when my social life involved actually leaving the house rather than scoffing sauvignon blanc and doritos on the couch, Sundays were spent lazing about, watching bad tv and recovering from a hangover.  These days the hangovers are few and far between.  Children + hanging together = more pain than that extra glass of wine is worth.  So Sundays drag on with nothing specific to do and not even the memory of last night's craic to break up the monotony.  I have been known to get swallowed by the black hole that is Pinterest.  Maybe this should be my new Sunday routine?

  

No comments:

Post a Comment