Tuesday 9 August 2016

Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes

After my trip down memory lane with David Gray, I decided to do a bit more digging though my old cds and came across pure gold.  Violent Femmes and their self titled album brings back such a flood of memories.  It's not just the sing along, know all the words factor, it's the remembering of rushing onto the dance floor in Fibber Magee's when it came on, the getting ready for nights out in Sydney with Blister in the Sun and Add it up as our drink and screech along to soundtrack (our poor neighbours were completely justified in hating us).

Finding myself in a childless car recently, this was the perfect companion for a nondescript trip.  I arrived at my destination hoarse and happy, basking in the warm glow of musical nostalgia.   

No comments:

Post a Comment