Monday 1 August 2016

White Ladder - David Gray

Last week I experienced the magic of putting on a cd that I hadn't listened to in years.  I realise from the get go that this will instantly age me.  Who "puts on a cd" these days when you can just click on Spotify and have a world of music at your finger tips.  Well my car is old and not Spotify compatible and I was driving through a forest with terrible radio signal so it was a cd or silence.  Most of my car journeys are 10 minutes max so in preparation for my hour long trip I had dug through some old cd cases for a bit of variety. 

What I got was a time machine back to the turn of the century (how I love being able to say things like this, makes me sound positively Victorian).  The year was 2000 and the cd was White Ladder by David Gray.  Is there a person in Ireland in the 35-45 year old age bracket who doesn't possess a copy of this cd?  I spent my trip singing along at the top of my voice to lyrics I had no idea I still remembered.  If you've got this cd, dust it off and sing it with me....Babylon!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment