Wednesday 11 July 2018

Chancer

Is a half full glass a fool's errand or do I just focus on the fact that there is something in the glass at all?  

I've just applied for a job that I don't think I have much chance of getting.  It's a marketing, communications and events job and while I have plenty of events experience, I am sadly lacking in the other two departments.  I jumped back and forth between thinking I should apply and thinking it was a waste of time.  Then I thought well, it's only going to cost me my time to put in an application and sure if it's a no, then it's a no.  At least I can feel like I am doing something about the fact that I am bored out of my brain in my current job, even if it comes to nothing.

I have previously extolled the virtues of living in a small town but one definite disadvantage is that there isn't the same range of choice when it comes to finding a job.  There are jobs aplenty in hotels and while my current job does involve some exposure to the dreaded W word (weddings), I am holding firm in my refusal to work in hotels.  My other no no is sports events.  Not just because I have absolutely no interest in sport, it is also influenced by a stint volunteering for a sporting event and coming to the realisation that peeing al fresco is just not for me.

So I sent off my application with a healthy dose of que sera sera and we'll see what happens.






No comments:

Post a Comment