Sunday 8 May 2016

Deep and meaningful

I noticed lately that I don't think as much as I used to.  Whilst my mind is constantly whirling round the hamster wheel of day to day life, I don't spend much (any?) time pondering the big things - the deep and philosophical, "what's the meaning of life?" things.  I think about how much sugar and processed foods we consume, about climate change and the state the world will be in by the time my children are adults, about what I will cook for dinner.  But I don't spend time thinking about the mysteries of life.  Maybe because I don't have as much sitting around with nothing to do but think time as I used to, maybe it's because I think I won't like the answers I come up with.  One of the books on my to read hit list is "A mindfulness guide for the frazzled" by Ruby Wax.  Maybe it will open up my mind and lead me to consider the great big world around me more.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment