Tuesday 28 June 2016

Live and let live

Imagine knowing with absolute clarity at a very early age who you are.  Imagine standing up for who you are despite other people telling you not to.  Imagine having a family who supports your choices. 

How someone can ask a L G B T or Q person when they "decided to be that way" baffles me.  No one ever asks a straight person when they decided to be that way.  It's as ridiculous as asking me when I decided to have green eyes and brown hair.  I didn't decide, its just the way I am and it is a tiny part of who I am, it doesn't define me.

I read an article recently which said that in terms of human genome coding, we are 98% the same.  If we are all so very similar, then why do some people insist on focusing on the 2% that differentiates us? 




No comments:

Post a Comment