Wednesday 29 June 2016

Dark Places - Gillian Flynn

I really liked Gone Girl, it was one of those books I just flew through, enjoying all the twists and turns along the way.  So when I came across Dark Places I was eager to read another Gillian Flynn novel.  Unfortunately it didn't quite hit the mark for me.  I found all the chopping and changing a bit annoying.  Possibly I just wasn't in the right frame of mind for having to remember what happened in the chapter before last - life was particularly busy when I was reading it so my attention span probably wasn't what it could have been.  Ultimately I finished it without the sense of satisfaction I had while turning the last page of Gone Girl.  Don't you hate when you're all psyched up to love a book but it just doesn't deliver.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment