Sunday 18 September 2016

Fashion Flashback

I just had a flashback to my youth and not in a good way.  Anyone who was of going out age in the nineties will remember with a shudder the phenomenon that was the body suit.  These oversized babygro tops never seemed to be long enough, resulting in a night spent trying to subtly adjust the crotch area so it didn't feel like you were being cut in two.  As for going to the loo, after a few drinks, trying to get the poppers done up in the right configuration was the equivalent of a challenge on the Krypton Factor.  By the end of the night, all attempts at joining the poppers together were abandoned and a tuck it in and just hope for the best attitude abounded.

Well apparently they're back!  I rarely venture out to the shops here, mostly because there are no decent shops where I live but every so often I think "maybe it's gotten better, maybe there might actually be something I could wear in there.  I'll never know if I don't go in and have a look".  So in I went and what greeted me was this.....



 Seriously???  These were bad enough the first time round, why would someone think it was a good idea to make them again?  So once again, I returned from the shops empty handed muttering "knew I shouldn't have bothered....".  The only saving grace is that H&M is opening in Auckland in October.  It's been a year and seven months since I last got to avail of some decent shopping so I'm expecting to do some serious damage!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment