Wednesday 7 September 2016

Humpy

A couple of days ago I was in an irrationally bad mood.  There was no obvious reason for it so I ran through the usual checklist - nope, not hungry, fully caffeinated, have been for a wee, kids are not driving me mad, work was ok.  So why was I in such a foul humour?  Then it dawned on me - I was too hot.  Alas not in the sexy and I know it sense, more on the ever so slightly sweaty side.  Dear God no, it couldn't be the menopause already, I'm far too young and definitely not ready for beige elasticated waist trousers.

Then I looked at where I was standing - at the sink up to my elbows in hot water, right beside the oven which had been on for at least an hour in a north facing room (southern hemisphere equivalent of south facing at home), made up of mostly of windows on a sunny day.  Crisis averted! 

It did made me think that there should be a handy word for describing when you are hot and grumpy, like how hungry and angry make hangry but all I could come up with was humpy (hot and grumpy) which to my mind doesn't really convey the emotion I'm trying to express and makes me think of camels and hunchbacks rather than an overheated woman in a too hot kitchen.   


No comments:

Post a Comment