Tuesday 25 April 2017

Small town living

There are days I bemoan the fact that I live in a small town, with its lack of variety and dearth of new and sparkly things to draw my attention.  Then I spend time in a big city and I am reminded that increased options equal increased stress levels, increased traffic and increased hassle.  This week I have been re-discovering the joys of small town living.  Of leaving the house and arriving at work 15 minutes later having dropped the kids to their school holiday programme en route.  Of spending an hour in town after work and getting tons of little jobs crossed off my to do list.  Of being able to nip into the library and the chemist because there were free parking spots out the front.  Of buying something and the store owner saying "next time you're in let me know how you got on with that".  All small things in and of themselves but added together they make me appreciate the up side of small town living.


No comments:

Post a Comment