Friday 2 June 2017

A cautionary tale

Have you ever had the urge to try something new?  To throw caution to the wind and take a risk?  Well I'm here to say "Don't do it!!  Step back into your old familiar ways and bask in their comfort and security".  Recently I have been feeling like I was in a rut so I decided to shake things up a bit by going to a new hairdresser.  I had not been overly impressed with where I was going for a while so I thought I would give a local hairdresser closer to home a try.  It wasn't a total disaster.  The cut, while shorter than I had anticipated, I can live with but the maintenance is a pain in the neck.  Having straight hair means I used to be able to get away with washing my hair every second day but short layered hair means I wake up looking like the mayor of crazytown, who has been dragged through a hedge backwards after bumping into an electric fence.  Not a good look.  So I'm having to wash and dry my hair every day just so I don't scare small children.

At least with a hair catastrophe you can wear a hat.  Worse was to come....

My eyebrows were looking a bit woolly and my schedule has been really busy lately so trying to find a slot to book in with the girl who normally does them (who is very popular and hence very busy) was proving difficult.  To hell with it, I thought, I'll try somewhere new.  In the words of Julia Roberts "Big mistake.  Big.  Huge".  Someone needs to invent hats for eyebrows, sharpish.  The right one is looking ok-ish, a bit patchy toward the end but that is normally covered by my hair anyway so not a major drama.  The left one?  An unmitigated disaster.  Not only is it significantly skinnier than the right, it has two really thin parts where she has gone a bit trigger happy with the threading and taken too much away.  I've tried filling in the patchy bits but there is not much I can do about the rest...

Anyone know how long eyebrows take to grow back? 😩 




No comments:

Post a Comment