Monday 5 June 2017

April & May Book Review

Seriously late with this one and it's so long ago now that I read some of these that I'm struggling to remember them so going to keep it short and sweet.

Holding up the universe - Jennifer Niven
Better than The Fault in Out Stars but have decided I am not a big fan of teen lit.

Not that kind of girl - Lena Dunham
I find her funny if a bit self obsessed.  Recognised lots of storylines from Girls.

You, me and other people - Fionnuala Kearney
Was on the verge of giving up on this when it took an interesting turn.

Everyday sexism - Laura Bates
Grim but necessary reading.  Made me want to speak up so my kids' generation doesn't have as much of this rubbish to deal with (too much to hope for that they might not have to deal with it at all).

The blackbird sings as dusk - Linda Olsson
A gentle story of three people living in the same building whose lives intertwine.

The heart's invisible furies - John Boyne
A look at how Ireland has progressed in it's attitudes over the years.  Makes me glad I wasn't born back than and appreciate that things have for the most part vastly improved.

The secret diary of Hendrik Groen, 83 1/4 years old - Hendrik Groen
Not as funny as Ove but an interesting insight into the life of an older person.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment