Monday 25 April 2016

A change is as good as a rest

I've been struggling to post on the blog.  Sometimes it is a lack of time, sometimes a lack of motivation.  Sometimes I can't think of anything worth writing/reading.  I have an empty house for probably the next hour so I had a choice to make.  Do I tidy up, get all the niggly little jobs that will make my week run smoother done?  Do I sew the cushion cover I have been intending to sew for the last 3 months?  Do I get a head start on prepping dinner?  Or do I go the other way.  Do I opt to ignore the little tune the washing machine makes when the load is finished?  Do I chose to believe that all the little jobs will get done eventually and if they don't then its not the end of the world.

While making a cup of tea I spotted this quote on my fridge "You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water" - Rabindranath Tagore.  So I decided to change my perspective.  To believe that what I had to say was worth writing/reading.  I cleared some space on the desk in the spare room and de-camped from the dining room table which is where I normally write.  I am currently facing a blank wall which I am choosing to use to my advantage.  This position allows me to ignore the bed I have just stripped which needs to be remade.  Out of sight, out of mind is a very useful thing.  In time, I may decide to stick up some pictures but for now I am using the blank wall as a way to de-clutter my mind and focus on this post (if only for a couple of minutes).  I'm hoping my change of perspective will get the flow flowing but only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment