Saturday 2 April 2016

Hello darkness my old friend

Autumn is here with a vengeance.  Whilst I am not a fan of the early onset of evening, I am a HUGE fan of the colours, food, weather and of course clothing associated with all things autumnal.  I have just happily put away my summer linens and replaced them with my cosy cardigans and comfy boots.  As someone who burns easily and would rather not join the appalling NZ skin cancer statistics, I spend my summers liberally doused in greasy sunscreen, chasing the shade.  No more though, soon I will able to kick through piles of brightly coloured dried leaves on a crisp autumn afternoon.  I will dine on apple and cinnamon muffins and butternut squash with lashings of bacon and garlic.  I will curl up on the couch with a good book and a soft cosy blanket. 


Not quite as extreme as summer or winter, autumn is my kind of season.

No comments:

Post a Comment