Wednesday 13 April 2016

The couch and beyond

I've always been more of a book person than a magazine person but lately I have noticed that during the day, either my attention span or my available time is more suited to a magazine article than a chapter of a book.  Magazines filled with the latest celebrity gossip or fad diet hold no interest.  I like a magazine that I read with a notebook by my side.  The notebook being for jotting down websites to visit, books to read and things to investigate more.  My current favourites are Good and Mindfood.  I've been reading Good for a couple of years now and like the mix of environmental topics, recipes, things to make and do, ethical shopping etc. but Mindfood is starting to overtake it, rapidly becoming a fast favourite.  My mother got me a subscription for my birthday so once a month I get a nice surprise in my postbox.  The bookmark included in every issue is genius - how has no other magazine thought of this before?  So I am hitting the couch armed with a cup of tea and the latest issue.  Who knows where it will take me?

No comments:

Post a Comment