Monday 5 December 2016

November Book Review

November has been a slow book month or rather a slow reading month.  Either way, slim pickings this month. 

The girl on the train - Paula Hawkins
I started this after finishing a truly awful book (see October Book Review) so I was desperately in need of a good read.  This did not disappoint.  Lots of good twists and turns that were not obvious from a mile down the road. I'm really hoping that this is not a one hit wonder as would definitely like to read more from her. 

The Son - Jo Nesbo
Good old Jo Nesbo, he always delivers.

Bridget Jones's Baby - Helen Fielding
When I read the first Bridget Jones book back when it first came out, I didn't take to it or to her as a character. I found her a bit whingy and self obsessed. I read it again a few years later and maybe it was the fact I was older (or maybe I was self obsessed by that stage too) but it resonated with me more second time round. This was a bit of fluff really, I preferred Mad about the Boy but this was a nice easy on the brain read which was exactly what I needed at the time.

Too lazy to add the links, go to Good Reads for more info.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment