Monday 18 January 2016

The writing's on the wall

There are pros and cons when it comes to living in a small town (technically a city but in name only).  Are all small towns created equally?  Having been to a different but similarly sized town for the weekend it made me reflect on what I like about where I live and what I liked about where I visited.

Roadside Art - I am a big fan of roadside art, urban art, community art or whatever you want to call it yourself.  I like turning a corner and finding myself confronted by a striking sculpture.  I like strolling past colourful electricity power boxes, their purpose camouflaged by an intricate mural.  I like sitting in traffic and noticing a quote on the side wall of an anonymous office building.  Here are some of my favourites courtesy of Damien Dempsey and Maser. 


 




 


 




















No comments:

Post a Comment