Monday 7 March 2016

Wake up

Ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go right?  Where little niggly things build into major annoyances?  You have one of those days and it feels like the universe is conspiring against you.  "Poor me", you think.  "My life is so hard right now", you moan.

Then something big happens to someone else, something completely un-expected and life changing in a bad way and you come to your senses.  You wake up from the me, me, me pity party, the self absorbed fog clears and you realise that unlike you, some people have real problems.  Some people have big things to worry and fret over.  Some people are going through things you should count your lucky stars are not happening to you.

This week I am going to attempt to cultivate an attitude of gratitude, because no one knows what life is going to throw at them next.


     Quote from Matilda by Roald Dahl:

No comments:

Post a Comment