Friday 25 October 2019

Same old same old

I had a rubbish sleep last night so when I woke up this morning I was tired and cranky and took forever to drag myself out of bed.  A shower woke me up somewhat but generally the going was slow.  When I started to make the kids' lunches I happened to look at the clock and noticed that I wasn't that much later than normal, especially considering my slow start.  Maybe I wasn't as late getting out of bed as I thought.  Maybe my slow, is actually quite quick.  

I thought back to mornings when I was still going out to work and always seemed to be rushing.  Then it hit me.  I wear a uniform now.  Yeah it's an unofficial one but looking in the wash basket, the evidence speaks for itself.  I wear the same thing every day - jeans, top, hoodie.  I don't even think about it anymore, it's automatic.  There's no "does this top go with those trousers and have I got a cardigan and necklace that will match".  When I think back to how much time I wasted figuring out what to wear in the mornings.  

I can see how people with limited time on their hands or a lot on their minds would gravitate to wearing the same clothes every day.  You can get a lot more done when you are not wasting brain space thinking about what you are going to wear.




1 comment: