Sunday 6 October 2019

The 4 Seasons

Not the Vivaldi hold music or the hotel chain, I'm talking nature, weather, traditions.  

So here goes, my 3 favourite things about each of the seasons. 

Spring
Walking on a windy day - nothing like a stroll on a blustery day to blow away the cobwebs and make you feel alive.

Downgrading the layers - the joy of being able to go outside without needing a jacket/thermal vest on.

Flowers - seeing flowers bloom in the garden and realising how much a pop of colour can brighten my day when I open the curtains.


Summer
Skirts - wearing skirts without having to think about tights which everyone knows are evil.

Salad - just wash a bit of veg, throw a few potatoes on and some leftover chicken and hey presto dinner is ready.

A cold drink on a hot day - is there anything better?


Autumn
Cosy clothes - I get to dig out my boots and my hoarder like stash of scarves.

Colourful leafy trees - much more interesting than plain old green leaves.

Goodbye suncream - No more having to smother suncream on my extremities every time I want to leave the house for longer than 5 minutes.  Did I mention that I burn easily?


Winter
Frosty mornings - walking on crunchy grass and breathing out in big puffs so it looks like I am smoking (or vaping if it's a really big breath) never gets old.

Soup - makes me warm from the inside out and uses up that dodgy looking veg in the bottom of the fridge, it's a win, win.

Afternoon Escapes - those days when it's horrible out and the only place to be is on the couch with a good book, a large cup of tea and a cosy blanket.  It should go without saying that this experience would benefit greatly from being child free, with the addition of chocolate only serving to enhance.









No comments:

Post a Comment