Thursday 3 October 2019

The Fear

You know that feeling when you have to do something that you really don't want to do and it's not even that you don't want to do it, it's that you're scared.  Stomach churning, heart thumping, s**t scared.  It may defy all logic and make sense to no-one but you but still it persists.  The fear.  

Last week I faced a fear that I have been avoiding for quite some time.  I could have dodged it again but I thought "No. I need to get over myself.  How bad could it be?".  You're probably thinking "Well done you, good woman yourself".  Well before you get carried away, you should probably know that even though I did the thing that scared me, it only served to confirm that it was definitely as scary as I thought it would be and I should never do it again.

Let's just say that me and steep driveways where you feel like you are plummeting to your death on the way down and all you can see is sky when you are driving back up, are not ever going to see eye to eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment